The BBA is committed to helping businesses and organisations supply the construction industry with products, systems and installers of the highest quality.
Since our launch in 1966 we have developed rigorous testing, inspection and certification services to support manufacturers and installers achieve excellence and provide reassurance throughout the industry.
Carried out by teams with detailed technical knowledge and experience, our certification and inspection services are recognised by building control, local authorities, industry insurers and the key construction trade associations in the UK.
An independent non-profit distributing organisation, our ambition is to provide reassurance to the construction industry that manufacturers’ products, systems and procedures are ‘fit for purpose’. Accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS), our testing is carried out in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025.
Committed to excellence, the BBA is heavily involved with various committees and trade organisations designed to make our industry better. By collaborating closely with organisations like the European Organisation for Technical Assessments (EOTA) and the Westminster Sustainable Business Forum (WSBF), we have a key input into policy development and work to help reduce technical barriers to cross-border construction trading throughout Europe.
Our overall mission is simple: to encourage the safe development and adoption of innovative solutions in the built environment through the provision of reassurance to manufacturers, retailers, users, specifiers, insurers, installers and regulators of products and systems.
Our core values
- Courage – we believe in challenge and change
- Integrity – our people act without fear or favour, delivering a fair and true service
- Quality – whatever we do, we deliver to a technically outstanding level
- Loyalty – we champion our values every day, in all we do
- Collaboration – we work together to realise potential
- Passionate – we work with heart, and care about exceeding our clients’ expectations
- Accountable – each of us is responsible for making differences that matter