To standardise BBA HAPAS with other BBA Certificates, and to comply with UKAS requirements, the review frequency for all certificates has been changed from 5 to 3 years. To ensure that the clients are not disadvantaged, the price of these reviews will be amended such that the full life costs are unchanged.
For new certificates issued on or after 1st April 2013 the effect will be immediate. For existing certificates the change will occur after the next scheduled review, which may itself be up to 5 years away.
“Road and Bridges” Certificates
Following consultation with our Highways Technical Advisory Committee (HiTAC), the BBA has agreed to simplify its branding of various BBA HAPAS and Roads and Bridges Certification. As of 1st April 2013 all Roads and Bridges Certificates will now be re-branded under BBA HAPAS. This will have no negative impact on our clients, and their clients as:
- The process for creating BBA HAPAS certificates is the same as Roads and Bridges
- The technical requirements are unchanged
- The input and acceptance of the Highway Authorities is unchanged
- Existing certificates will remain valid until withdrawn or reissued in the new format
For more information about BBA HAPAS, please get in touch with a member of the BBA team using the details on the Contact Us page.
- Information on BBA HAPAS
- BBA HAPAS product sectors and guidelines
- BBA HAPAS assessment and certification or High Friction Surfacing
- BBA HAPAS assessment reports
- Change in frequency to BBA HAPAS review
- BBA HAPAS Thin Surfacing and Highways Agency IAN 154/12