We have tested windows and doors for many years in support of Agrément Certification and now offer this service directly to manufacturers as a precursor to application for an Agrément Certificate or as part of their own research and development programmes.
We are experienced in undertaking a range of tests, including:
- Full systems testing in accordance with PAS 23-1 :1999 (including Annex D), PAS 24-1 2007 and BS 7950 : 1997 – additionally, we can offer thermal performance testing, BFRC ratings and BBA-derived individual methods
- Testing, BFRC ratings and BBA-derived individual methods
- Testing hardware for durability, endurance and corrosion
- Testing profiles for durability, quality and strength
- Weathertightness to BS 6375-1 : 2009
- Performance characteristics to BS EN 14351-1 : 2006
The BBA is also UKAS accredited to carry out testing in accordance with a number of standards for certain properties (see below) and can carry out specified tests and documented in-house methods based upon the standards:
- Air permeability to BS EN 1026 : 2000
- Mechanical loading to BS 6375-2 : 1987 and 2009
- Watertightness to BS EN 1027 : 2000
- Wind resistance to BS EN 12210 : 2000
Tests to thermal standards in accordance with BS EN ISO 12567-1 : 2010 and BS EN ISO 12567-2 : 2000 can also be undertaken.
Certificates of Conformity
We offer Certificates of Conformity for door systems to PAS23-1 and PAS24 which clients can use to get approval with Secured by Design. This consists of an assessment in accordance with the aforementioned publicly available specifications (PAS) and also an inspection visit. Ongoing certification includes an annual inspection visit and audit test for security. The certificate remains valid for five years after which a full review is carried out.
BBA approved hardware
Only approved hardware can be used under the terms of BBA Certification for windows and doors. There are two routes to such approval; either through Agrément Certification of the products in question or via an Assessment Report. Agrément Certificates are subject to regular surveillance and review and are valid indefinitely provided that these are satisfactorily maintained. Assessment Reports are valid for only five years from date of issue and the products covered must complete a full reassessment by the BBA at the end of this period in order to maintain approval.
BBA Certificates for hardware products used in conjunction with BBA-approved window and door systems are listed here: Table of BBA Certificates for hardware products
BBA Assessment Reports for hardware products used in conjunction with BBA-approved window and door systems that are within the five-year validity period are listed here: Table of valid Assessment Reports for hardware products
BBA Assessment Reports for hardware products previously used in conjunction with BBA-approved window and door systems that have now expired beyond their five-year validity period (and so can no longer be used in BBA Certificated windows) are listed here: Table of lapsed Assessment Reports for hardware products