More detail: In light of the recently published Government Construction Playbook and announcement of the formation of a new construction products regulator, the panel will be discussing ways in which manufacturing and procurement best practise can be improved, with some of the following items being discussed:
- How both contractor and manufacturer responsibilities and best practice for product safety and quality controls can be improved.
- The role digitisation and technology can play in the verification of manufacturing, product sourcing and installation.
- How the industry can embrace the innovative, digitally enabled manufacturing approaches which have long been standard practice in other major sectors.
- How the industry can standardise designs and components and whether this is always appropriate.
- The role that methodologies like modern methods of construction or the Construction Innovation Hub’s Platform approach will play in influencing standardisation and aggregation of demand.