The Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) was introduced by the government to independently certify renewable energy technologies and Microgeneration products, in accordance with documented standards.
Microgeneration products must be certificated under the MCS to be eligible when applying for government incentives, such as the Feed-in Tariff scheme and the Renewable Heat Incentive. We are an accredited certification body for product approval of the following technologies:
- MCS004 – Solar Collectors (solar thermal)
- MCS005 – Photovoltaic Panels
- MCS006 – Small and Micro Wind Turbines
- MCS007 – Heat Pumps
- MCS008 – Biomass
- MCS012 – Pitched Roof Installation Kits for solar products
- MCS014 – Combined Heat and Power Systems (CHP – Heat Led, CHP – Electricity Led)
- MCS017 – Bespoke Building Integrated Photovoltaic (BBIPV)
- MCS010 – Factory Production Control Requirements (FPC)
- MCS011 – Testing Acceptance Criteria (including witnessing testing)
- UKAS accredited testing for weathertightness and resistence to wind uplift to MCS012
Full Agrément Certificates are also available for all of these products, including important information not covered by the MCS, such as regulatory compliance, durability, output performance, weatherproofing, structural stability and practicability of installation. To apply for product approval under MCS contact us to request an application form. Please fill out the form and return it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to us at BBA, Bucknalls Lane, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD25 9BA.