The British Board of Agrément (BBA), the UK’s leading construction products certification body, is pleased to announce the latest manufacturers who have gained BBA accreditation, for products ranging from sustainable timber frame insulation to soil reinforcement Geogrids, and crack sealing systems for highways to anchor bolts.
Recent research by the NBS reveals that almost nine out of ten specifiers consider third party certification to be essential. The world that we face is more complex than ever before, and the built environment continues to navigate its way through demands for a tighter focus on quality and safety. In order to help specifiers make the right choices for their projects, the BBA Agrément Certificate is a recognised and credible scheme for manufacturers of products used in the construction industry to demonstrate a product’s fitness-for-purpose.
The BBA’s detailed assessment of a product or system establishes its performance and offers a mark of excellence based on rigorous national and European standards that validate a construction product’s specialist capabilities.
Recent certification includes:
- IndiTherm® hemp insulation flexibatts by IndiNature is a flexible thermal insulation ‘batt’ made from UK crops. This sustainable product can save a quarter of a tonne of CO2 per pallet of IndiTherm used in a building project and maintains exceptional thermal and moisture buffering properties.
- The fermacell® PowerPanel H2O by James Hardie Building Products Ltd is an advanced water-resistant cement bonded board, ideal for walls, floors, and ceilings. Designed for use in damp conditions, the PowerPanel H2O remains stable in buildings such as leisure and sports centres, swimming pools, and catering facilities.
- Maccaferri’s range of knitted high-tenacity PET GeoGrids finished with a polymeric coating are developed for use as a reinforcement in embankments with slope angles up to 70°. GeoGrids improve soil performance and provide significant benefits to areas with poor bearing capacity as well as seismic zones.
- Proband 60 by Jobling Purser is a preformed, thermoplastic resin based overbanding system, used to seal and repair cracks, fretted joints and reinstatement joints up to 5mm wide in asphalt and concrete surfaces. The tape helps prevent the ingress of water and with the addition of high PSV aggregate, maintains a high skid resistance.
- Fischer Fixings has received certifications for multiple anchor bolt products including its zinc-plated and stainless steel Drop-In Anchor EA II and High Performance Anchor FH and FH II-I. The anchors are optimised for fastening different items such as air conditioning units or stadium seating to concrete.
- For use as a damp-proof and waterproof solution, Solsheet Self Adhesive Membrane by Solco is a high performance cold applied membrane. The product can be used for solid concrete floors, underground structures, reservoir roofs, and for internally and externally applied tanking below ground.
To view all BBA certifications, visit www.bbacerts.co.uk/mybba