Yes, that’s the case, provided that it is an EU body supporting the certification, CE Marking will be acceptable. UK based organisations can no longer be used in support of CE Marking.

If a UK based Notified Body was used to support the CE Marking, this is no longer acceptable, and the tasks must be transferred to an EU based Notified Body.

Conversely, only UK based Approved Bodies can be used in support of UKCA Marking.

The BBA is committed to working with partners in the EU to coordinate wherever possible and so to minimise duplication of conformity activities


<< Back to FAQ’s