If you sell into the EU, for products covered by a harmonised European Standard, you must continue to apply CE Marking, including using an EU based Notified Body for conformity activities. .

For the future, if you are placing new goods on the market in the EU and the UK, you may need to have both CE Marking and UKCA Marking.

The BBA has arrangements in place with European partners so that ETA technical files can be transferred between bodies to minimise duplication of conformity assessment. If this is necessary, you will enter a contract between you, the BBA and our European partners. The European TAB will then be able to reissue your ETA. Your CE Marking label will need to change to identify the new TAB.


<< Back to FAQ’s