The British Board of Agrément (BBA) approved SPSenvirowall has supplied insulation in a mixed development of affordable homes in Bristol.
The mixed development, situated near Junction 3 of the M32 in Bristol, comprises of 59 affordable homes that were constructed with sustainable, energy saving materials. The differing aesthetic appearances throughout this mixed development meant that there were a number of substrate changes that required a variety of BBA approved SPSenvirowall render solutions and finishes.
Differences between the 59 homes included aspects such as feature curve walls and waving bulkheads, as well as interchanging colours between renders installed onto varying substrates such including: timber frame, chear concrete walls, blockwork and secondary steel frame. The contractors achieved a high quality finish by using the SPSenvirowall TS Rail and Rendaclad, which were predominantly developed for new build applications and incorporate a draining cavity, to sheathing board and render only systems.
SPSenvirowall products have been rigorously tested and used throughout UK and continental Europe for over 40 years, ensuring that they are truly tried and tested. The insulation systems not only provide a decorative uplift to old buildings, but also greatly improve the thermal efficiency of the building thus helping to cut CO2 emissions.
- Factors relating to compliance with Building Regulations where applicable
- Factors relating to additional non-regulatory information where applicable
- Independently verified technical specification
- Assessment criteria and technical investigations
- Design considerations
- Installation guidance
- Regular surveillance of production
- Formal three-yearly review
Key Factors Assessed
- Thermal performance — the system can be used to improve the thermal performance of external walls and contribute to meeting the national Building Regulations.
- Strength and stability — the system can adequately resist wind loads and impact-damage.
- Behaviour in relation to fire — the system has a B-s1, d0 reaction to fire classification in accordance with BS EN 13501-1 : 2007.
- Risk of condensation — the system can contribute to limiting the risk of interstitial and surface condensation.
- Durability — when installed and maintained in accordance with the Certificate holder’s recommendations and the terms of this Certificate, the system will remain effective for a least 30-years.